In honor of its 30th anniversary, the timeless blockbuster ‘Jurassic Park’ is set to return to Isla Nublar with a special 4K Steelbook Blu-Ray release. Slated for release on June 27, this edition will be packed with a wealth of bonus content delving into the creation of the prehistoric epic.
Steven Spielberg’s iconic film has enthralled audiences across generations, a testament to an ambition that was larger than life and a venture that proved too much for its unprepared guests.
The 1993 film features the characters Alan Grant (Sam Neill) and Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern), who are working at an archaeological site when they are approached by millionaire John Hammond (Richard Attenborough).
Hammond’s secret project turns out to be a theme park filled with resurrected dinosaurs intended to serve as attractions. His plan, however, falls apart when rivals attempt to steal dinosaur embryos, leading to a temporary power outage on the island.
Despite the disaster, Hammond’s original park left a legacy that extended for decades, setting the stage for more dinosaur-related incidents. One such survivor, Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum), ended up at the center of the sequel, ‘The Lost World: Jurassic Park’.
This subsequent adventure featured a T-Rex rampaging through San Diego, bringing these powerful creatures to the mainland. Malcolm, along with Doctor Sarah Harding (Julianne Moore), had to devise a strategy to capture the loose dinosaur before it caused more havoc.
In light of ‘Jurassic Park’ celebrating three decades since its initial theater release, Universal is committed to making this commemoration as memorable as possible.
Despite the recent dominance of the ‘Jurassic World’ franchise at the box office, the first film holds a unique spot in the hearts of audiences. Therefore, the 4K Blu-Ray release will include several added features.
These bonuses include featurettes exploring the visual effects of the film, records of pre-production meetings, and storyboards for some of the film’s most memorable scenes.
The special edition steelbook will feature:
- A 42-page booklet including behind-the-scenes information, storyboards, original artwork, trivia, and more
- A film cell replica from a memorable scene in the movie
- Four illustrated art cards
- A reversible sleeve featuring the original poster art
- A numbered certificate of authenticity
Moreover, the 30th Anniversary edition will include these bonus features:
- Return to Jurassic Park: Dawn of a New Era
- Return to Jurassic Park: Making Prehistory
- Return to Jurassic Park: The Next Step in Evolution
- The Making of Jurassic Park
- Original Featurette on the Making of the Film
- Steven Spielberg Directs Jurassic Park
- Early Pre- Production Meetings
- Phil Tippett Animatics: Raptors in the Kitchen
- Animatics: T-Rex Attack
- ILM and Jurassic Park: Before and After the Visual Effects
- Foley Artists Storyboards
- Production Archives: Photographs, Design Sketches, and Conceptual Paintings
- Jurassic Park: Making the Game
- Theatrical Trailer.